Today we are going to be making the easiest garlic mashed potatoes ever, I guarantee they are gonna be the fluffiest mashed potatoes you’ve ever made and we’re doing it in Sous Vide. One thing I love about doing Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes is that you can do other vegetables at the same time. No need to watch the stove, when the times up, plate it up and enjoy!
- 6 Russet Potatoes (the best type for Mashed Potatoes) Sliced ½inch (1cm) thick.
- 1.5 sticks Unsalted Butter
- ¾ (175ml) Cup of whole milk
- White Pepper
- (Optional) Fresh herbs for garnish
- (Optional) 3 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
- Set your water bath to 190F (87C)
- Place cloves of garlic with a drizzle of olive oil in an oven safe container. Place in the oven at 375F (190C) until soft.
- Rinse, peel, and slice the potatoes ½ inch (1cm) thick (it might be a good idea to put these into the water to help keep the colour so they don’t turn brown)
- Add the (strained) potatoes, garlic cloves, butter, milk, salt, and white pepper into a vacuum seal bag.
- Seal the bag, and Sous Vide in for 1hour 30mins.
- Remove from sous vide and strain. Don’t throw that liquid out. It’s liquid gold!
- Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or ricer
- Add desired amount of liquid back in and combine to get the consistency you like. Don’t over-stir or it will get gooey.
- Garnish with fresh herbs
One thing I love about doing Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes is that you can do other vegetables at the same time. No need to watch the stove, when the times up, plate it up and enjoy!